Founded in 1975, BR+A Consulting Engineers maintains a total staff of 350 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; McLean, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami); Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL and Charlotte, NC. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design, lighting design, and building commissioning services.
BR+A is seeking applicants for a Commissioning Engineer position in our Boston headquarters. The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Functional working knowledge of M/E/P/FP, building automation systems as well as system design and construction processes;
- Experience with M/E/P/FP, HVAC systems integration and TAB disciplines;
- Fully understand building automation systems, diagrams, points, and sequences;
- Troubleshooting DDC controls and HVAC systems functional operations;
- Testing and balance process and procedures (air & hydronic);
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships;
- Ability to work directly with Owners Representatives and ensure satisfaction with all tasks;
- Be team-oriented and a self-starter;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Out of state travel - 15%.
- Bachelor’s degree in either of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical or Facilities Engineering;
- 1-3 years of hands-on building operations or commissioning experience;
- Working knowledge of M/E/P/FP systems;
- CCP, CEM, LEED-AP Certification a plus;
- Valid Driver’s License.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees.
BR+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter.