Construction Administration Engineer
Founded in 1975, BR+A Consulting Engineers maintains a total staff of 350 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; McLean, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami); Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL and Charlotte, NC. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design, lighting design, and building commissioning services.
BR+A is seeking a Construction Administration Engineer with hands-on field experience in design, operation, and construction of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and DDC control systems. This position is for our McLean, VA office.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, be highly organized, have excellent writing skills, demonstrate proficient computer skills, and have a professional and team-oriented demeanor. The applicant must possess:
- Functional working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and building automation systems, as well as systems design & construction processes;
- The ability to work directly with Architects/Owners/Construction Manager Representatives in a hands-on training role for the functional understanding of systems;
- Prior experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC system integration, TAB disciplines a plus;
- BS in either of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing Engineering;
- An equivalent of 5-7 years of experience.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees.
BR+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter.