Electrical Design Engineer
Founded in 1975, Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers (BR+A) maintains a total staff of 300+ employees located at our main office in Boston, MA and branch offices in New York, NY; Washington, DC (McLean, VA); Philadelphia, PA; Miami, FL (Coral Gables, FL); St. Louis, MO; and Chicago, IL. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design and building commissioning services.
We have an open position for an Electrical Design Engineer in our Washington, DC (McLean, VA) office for a candidate with 5 years of experience.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education, or Laboratory projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD MEP and Revit.
- EIT license (Engineer in Training) or Professional Engineering license preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strongly motivated, well organized, shows professional initiative.
- Takes ownership of assignments, work both independently and as part of the project team.
- Prepare one-line diagrams with limited input from Engineers.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals with limited input.
- Solve installation problems with electrical systems, travel to the site to resolve issues.
- Prepare floor plans showing electrical device layouts, circuitry, fixtures, equipment, etc.
- Review calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Have thorough knowledge of NEC and other codes.
- Understands and applies concepts of voltage drop, conductor sizing, harmonics, etc.
- Edit electrical specifications.
- Layout fire alarm devices on floor plans.
- Select and schedule equipment with limited oversight by senior staff.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinates with other disciplines.
- Apply risk management procedures daily to minimize our and client’s exposure to problems.
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
- Meets with contractors during bid phase to review the design.
- Oversee deliverables to and from clients.
- Oversee and encourage coordination between disciplines.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees. Benefits include Medical, Dental and disability insurance, 401K and Flexible Spending accounts. Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com