Founded in 1975, BR+A Consulting Engineers maintains a total staff of 350 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; McLean, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami); Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL and Charlotte, NC. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design, lighting design, and building commissioning services.
BR+A is seeking applicants for an Electrical Designer in our Coral Gables, FL office.
- Provide Engineering, Design work and drafting of plans;
- Implement approved system concepts from a schematic diagram to floor plans;
- Sketch rough layouts to review with Project Engineer or Project Manager;
- Review product cut sheets and technical information;
- Communicate with Project Manager/Project Engineer regarding potential problems;
- Meet with vendors to determine spatial requirements for application of the product;
- Attend meetings as required;
- Work to submit the required documentation per project deadlines and milestones;
- Attend in-house coordination meetings when appropriate;
- Develop a strategy to meet the projects’ schedule;
- Assist in the development of engineering systems concepts (M/E);
- Assist the design team on major design issues;
- Responsible for organizing required technical correspondence, emails, and calculations;
- Perform field work and verification of existing conditions;
- Revit and AutoCad Proficiency is a requirement.
Essential Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Good understanding of Engineering concepts, design, and spatial requirements;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Positive attitude, result driven and team-oriented;
- Be able to think three-dimensionally;
- Capable of visiting job sites to perform field work;
- Able to manage time to meet deadlines.
- A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering;
- EIT License Preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees.
BR+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com.