Founded in 1975, BR+A Consulting Engineers maintains a total staff of 350 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; McLean, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami); Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL and Charlotte, NC. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design, lighting design, and building commissioning services.
BR+A is seeking applicants for a Plumbing Designer position in our McLean, VA Office. The potential candidate should have 1-3 years of experience and the following skills:
- Designing of Plumbing for Healthcare, Commercial High-rise building, and Laboratory projects;
- Proficient in Auto CAD and Revit;
- Experience in specification writing;
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects;
- Coordinates with other disciplines;
- Develop calculations for Plumbing system sizing;
- Have a thorough knowledge of local Plumbing Codes;
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan;
- Meet with clients and work with contractors;
- Oversee deliverables to and from clients;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Strongly motivated, well organized, shows professional initiative;
- Takes ownership of assignments, work both independently and as part of the project team.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees.
BR+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter.