Founded in 1975, Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers (BR+A) maintains a total staff of 300+ employees located at our main office in Boston, MA and branch offices in New York, NY; Washington, DC (McLean, VA); Philadelphia, PA; Miami, FL (Coral Gables, FL); St. Louis, MO; and Chicago, IL. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design and building commissioning services.
We have an open position for a Plumbing Designer in our Washington, DC (McLean, VA) office for a candidate with 1-3 years of experience.
- 1 year of experience in designing of Plumbing for: Healthcare, Commercial High-rise building and Laboratory projects.
- Proficient in Auto CAD and Revit.
- Experience in specification writing.
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Coordinates with other disciplines.
- Develop calculations for Plumbing system sizing.
- Have thorough knowledge of local Plumbing Codes
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strongly motivated, well organized, shows professional initiative.
- Takes ownership of assignments, work both independently and as part of the project team.
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
- Meets with clients / works with contractors.
- Oversee deliverables to and from clients.
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees. Benefits include Medical, Dental and disability insurance, 401K and Flexible Spending accounts. Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org