Senior Mechanical Engineer - NEW
Founded in 1975, Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers (BR+A) maintains a total staff of 300 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; McLean, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami), Chicago, IL and St. Louis, MO. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design and building commissioning services.
We have an open position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our St. Louis office.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education or Laboratory projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Strongly motivated, well organized, shows professional initiative.
- Takes ownership of assignments, works both independently and as part of the project team.
- Perform advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Develop air and water flows.
- Select and schedule equipment with limited oversight by senior staff.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Coordinates with other disciplines (mepfp, arch, struct, etc) for all HVAC details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals.
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
- Understand proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents – and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Modifies sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Understands both constant and variable flow systems, and properly applies equipment.
- Meets with contractors during bid phase to review the design details.
- 15+ years’ experience
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT License (Engineer in Training) or PE License (Professional Engineering) Preferred
- Excellent Organizational and communication skills
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees. BR+A is an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org