Prefer 2 – 5 years experience, one at 5 – 15 years experience
Founded in 1975, Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers (BR+A) maintains a total staff of 265 employees located at our main office in Watertown, Massachusetts (Boston) and branch offices in Philadelphia; New York City; Washington, DC and Coral Gables, FL (Miami). BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design and building commissioning services. Our experienced staff examines alternative solutions and provides proven and responsive engineering design for state-of-the-art facilities. We are able to handle large-scale and complex projects from inception to construction completion, in their entirety. We provide computer-based life-cycle cost analysis, sustainable building design alternatives to assist architects in envelope development, study alternative systems and feasibility of alternative layouts and are a proactive participant in value engineering – early in a project.
BR+A is committed to Green Buildings and Sustainable design. We employ ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professionals and have over 60 LEED Accredited Professionals. Our long list of LEED projects includes LEED Gold and new projects in pursuit of Platinum. We also work with Green Globes, Green Guide for Healthcare, EnergyStar, and ASHRAE BEQ.
While the office is currently in DC, it will be relocating to Tyson Corner/Reston area in the next few months.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education or Laboratory projects.
- Proficient in Auto CAD MEP and/or Revit experience desired.
- EIT license (Engineer in Training) or Professional Engineering license preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strongly motivated, well organized, shows professional initiative.
- Takes ownership of assignments, work both independently and as part of the project team.
- Perform advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Develop air and water flows.
- Select and schedule equipment with limited oversight by senior staff.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Coordinates with other disciplines (mepfp, arch, struct, etc) for all HVAC details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals.
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
- Understand proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents – and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Modifies sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Understands both constant and variable flow systems, and properly applies equipment.
- Meets with contractors during bid phase to review the design details.
Interested candidates, please send cover letter, resume, and desired compensation to: Astrid Segovia (email@example.com).