Mechanical Engineer Positions in Washington, DC (McLean, VA) Office
Founded in 1975, Bard, Rao + Athanas Consulting Engineers (BR+A) maintains a total staff of 300+ employees located at our main office in Boston, MA and branch offices in New York, NY; Washington, DC (McLean, VA); Philadelphia, PA; Miami, FL (Coral Gables, FL); St. Louis, MO; and Chicago, IL. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design and building commissioning services.
We have open positions for multiple Mechanical Engineers of varying experience in our Washington, DC branch office located in McLean, VA.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Commercial, Higher Education or Laboratory projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Strongly motivated, well organized, shows professional initiative.
- Takes ownership of assignments, works both independently and as part of the project team.
- Perform advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Develop air and water flows.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Coordinates with other disciplines (mepfp, arch, struct, etc) for all HVAC details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals.
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
- Understand proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents – and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Modifies sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Understands both constant and variable flow systems, and properly applies equipment.
- Meets with contractors during bid phase to review the design details.
- Project Management with team communication
- Provide Construction Site Observation
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT License (Engineer in Training) or PE License Preferred
- Excellent Organizational and communication skills
- Proactive and Collaborative team member
We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental coverage and 401K, to all of our full-time employees. BR+A is an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.